Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ricky Martin: "Everyone has a secret or have quiet things"

In person is even more charming than it sounds. Behind God's overshadowing the stage to the rhythm of her hips is a simple man, close, very human. And vulnerable. But above all, exudes zest for life for each of your pores. More (Sex Soul Music) is his new job after a three years period, a declaration of principles and a reflection of his true self, after honest with the world.

What was the gestation of this album? It has taken me two years focused solely on this job. When I finished my book jumped to the music. My only priority was my children and I was okay for my children and for this to go well. And I started writing from a very clean, everything was in place to let go of things.

And the lyrics say it all. I need more to life, and not because they are happy, but the mind is what limits you, you always ask for more. It is a very special job and find new airs, even rockers ... Yes, the producer Desmond Child took great risks to do the same as before but without losing your essence, but obviously with the word evolution written all over the walls, lest we forget that.

The CD is going to be called life, because as I see this album and see my life, but I thought how boring! Why the title, Soul Music Sex? The CD is going to be called Life, because as I see this album and see my life, but I thought how boring! There is a song called More, and so did these three words: Sex Soul Music, that's life! The music is spiritual, soul, long story, and sex is very spiritual as well (laughs).

There are three things that are very important not only for me but for all the world. And where it has been his spiritual quest? My spiritual quest began ten years, then was an altar boy. That is where the search for God, and you get lots of questions, because since almost 12 years I've spent my life riding on a plane and I met with many philosophies of life.

One day I said: I am a Buddhist, Taoist'm another, then I said, no, I'm still Catholic, and Protestant ... I realized that my soul is as close as I have of God and that there is direct contact between these two marvelous powers. My God is the best there is, something so wonderful, so pure, so clean.

And keep looking. One of his new songs, enough, seems to sing with all my heart, from deep inside. Saying things like "Stop / From a prison make / A I feel / And pretend that I'm sincere." One day I came into the studio and said, "plays a few chords that I need to scream this, and I can." And I stood behind the microphone and began to repeat "enough" time and again with courage, became like a mantra, I expressed my pain (she sings the song and suddenly shows the arm has been put on the meat hen they do).

Thus was born. Then I sat down with Claudia Brant, a great songwriter, and helped me put everything in order. Have you come to feel in a prison? Also speak of spiritual awakening, the power to say from here I will be faithful to me, and erase the pain. It is a cry of passion and revolution of self-esteem.

What I like about this song is that everyone can feel identified with it. Everyone has a secret or have quiet things, or have been victims of discrimination and social injustice. I have been discriminated against for being Latino, to speak my language, obviously, by my sexual orientation has come Do you ever feel discriminated against? Yes, many things.

I have been discriminated against for being Latino, to speak my language, obviously, by my sexual orientation. One overcomes this and ignore the ignorance. Some days you feel strong, you laugh and you practice compassion for that mentality as archaic. But sometimes you have days very weak you want to put a fist to someone who comes with so much hate in her speech.

But it is a matter of following fortalenciéndote. But yes, many, many times I have been discriminated against for being Latino. Did the music industry to pressure him not to reveal his true self? No, never. Only I was a victim of faith and society. All I knew was telling me that my way of loving was bad it was terrible, he was the devil.

But no, it was I who decided to take the plunge. "He feared that by doing part of his audience would feel cheated or disappointed I've grown a lot, before my obsession was to be liked by everyone and be accepted by everyone. And I realized that God is God, and not everyone will agree. The most important thing in life is to regain the respect and dignity and serve as an example to many people, but not change the minds of anyone.

What have brought their children to life? When you grow up, loses the ability to surprise. you seem to become immune to the stuff you fill your lungs with air, and that I have recovered. For whatever surprises the children, he brings a smile. Why lose it, why we become so hardened? That I have given my children.

Have you ever dedicated a song to your partner? Yes, I believe You and me is a song that everyone wants you to sing, and you want to sing it at some point someone. Talk about polar opposites attract All the romance and passion. It's one of my favorite songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment