Thursday, May 5, 2011

Calle 13 ready for U.S. tour

Residente Calle 13 is writing songs in English and is prepared to give a series of concerts in the U.S., but what is more excited to know that you can share your music and ideology with angloparlantes in the TV show Jimmy Kimmel Live. "That will be cool, singing in Spanish ... it's going to be good," said Wednesday the singer, whose real name is René Pérez, in a telephone interview with The Associated Press from Puerto Rico.

The singer-songwriter said to be the first time sung in Spanish in a live talk show in English. "It's the most watched show now." Perez said he was happy to share with his lyrical polemic Anglophone audience, which has lashed out against some control of the Catholic Church, social inequality, racism, or the excesses of the rich and the multinationals.

"This is one of those events that give oxygen to the race. No oxygen, but important moments, where you can connect ideas and connect with more people, "he said. The presentation of the urban music duo whose second member is the brother of Perez, Eduardo Cabra (known as "Visitor"), is scheduled for May 10.

The show will air in the middle of the seven concerts he plans to Calle 13 from Thursday in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Fresno and Washington, DC Currently the duo promoted the album "Come who want to", which was launched in November last year. "I agree that planning for these concerts was quite fast but we'll play with all the energy we bring to Latin America.

And I hope to develop more shows, "Perez said in a voice hoarse. The promoters of the winning duo of 10 Latin Grammys and two Grammys hope to confirm more concerts, according to publicist Nordhia Centeno, of the firm Rogers & Cowan. Meanwhile, Perez says that he composed three songs for what would be an album with songs entirely in English.

"It's a project I have there, to see how it goes. I'm with the dictionary. English is my second language and not mastered to perfection. Cuesta what I mean to be understood with equal force, "he said. "I am translating my ideas ... things that I have in head in a way that is not literal.

This represents the idea in English, is what I'm writing. The tour will help me get ideas. " Perez is due in Venezuela and Ecuador, but in the midst of its activities, the rapper took time to criticize the government for Twitter United States, to launch the sea the body of Osama Bin Laden, and mock the British royal wedding saying that have been, he would have a big Mexican hat.

"Ya allegedly killed Osama Bin Laden, now missing convict (George W.) Bush," he wrote in the network on 1 May. But did not comment on the beatification of Pope John Paul II. "I did not comment, I went, so I left it alone. Nor do I have to say about everything. I comment when I enter the Internet and I have time, "said the rapper.

EJ TAMARA

No comments:

Post a Comment