Monday, April 4, 2011

Bunbury: "All the musicians lie in interviews to get more handsome than we are"

The audience roars impatient. Bunbury comes on stage and begins to rip his acoustic guitar. There is silence. The chords sound effects, and the musician Zaragoza sings her first verse. "The consequences are inevitable, vertigo is the perfection of beauty ...". Delivered a respectable, as if instead of the other side of the pond was on the banks of the Ebro, the former leader of Heroes Del Silencio shipped the classic themes of his bulging discography alone.

Gran Rex, his new live album, is a good example of what happens at her concerts when you open the curtain and let the audience roaring to start listening. Why a live album and why precisely now? Tour to prepare 60 songs consequences of different stages and all were performed at some point in the tour.

Most of them, mainly the issues of records prior to 2007, underwent major changes. In the end, prepare a tour becomes a creative exercise just to start recording a new album. Buenos Aires selected for recording. What led you to choose Argentina's capital city and not another? The relationship with the Argentine public deserved a recording.

I have recorded live albums in Spain and Mexico and also a documentary on the U.S. tour. Have not done before in Argentina was a gap in my records that I could not ignore. I hope the next album set a new course and brought me new and interesting surprises What do you feel just before going onstage? I love getting on stage.

And I love it, too, being on the road. The energy that is created among the players facing each other, pouring all a break or a final coda ... That is wonderful, spiritual. Before you go on stage, while playing the tune, I do not usually feel nervous, but anxious about the state meet in shamanic and addictive.

With their previous album said it closed a cycle. What does this new work of his career and his evolution as a musician and composer? It is too early to judge the significance, if any, of this final stage. With time I dipped cherries, with some timidity and caution, in this journey to the deep Latin roots.

Hellville de Luxe is an album where the band comes to life and shows pride rock. And the consequences, I think there is wisdom and introspection. Gran Rex is the end of an era. Now the search continues for other different paths. I hope the next album set a new course and brought me new and interesting surprises.

What creative moment is now? "Where are they going to do next in the musical field? When you're always more fun when you find. Now I'm having fun. I am experiencing in my home studio with rhythms and songs that define my next move. The topics I'm writing now, the pace is a substantial and, I think my next albums will be a cornerstone percussion.

The topics I'm writing now, the pace is a substantial part is also a documentary hand. What you see in him? We have been working on two documentaries in parallel. The presented these days at the Festival Vive Latino in Mexico City, is a biographical documentary, directed by Javier Alvero, named because things change.

This is a tour of the work I've done over the last 25 years of recordings. From 86 to today. The other film, still untitled, is directed by Alexis Morante. It details the life of a band on the road touring the U.S. in the tour of the consequences. Is supposed to be completed by the end of the year and presented at festivals next year.

Throughout his career he has received plenty of criticism and praise. Do you do more damage the one or the other? Everyone loves more positive reviews than negative. Say that you've done well is very nice. And, of course, among all the albums I've recorded with Heroes del Silencio, alone or in collaboration with other artists, has been around.

Fortunately, in general, I feel very loved and respected by the public, the press and colleagues. How much of character in Bunbury we see in interviews and appearances in the media? "It is far from what it really as a person in their day to day? All the musicians lie a little in interviews, to get more handsome than we are, I suppose.

While not hardly ever get. I do not think, however, that interviews are a good way to meet anyone. The music industry is undergoing a deep crisis. What do you see when you try to set, for example, ten years from now? Is very complicated. A decade is a long time, even for a witch. The week started with a handful of notable new releases.

One of the national capital of the Indian groups, Mr. Chinarro-or what is the same, Antonio Luque, again with President, a brighter and more positive record than his previous references. The Danes The Raveonettes released their fifth work, Raven in the Grave. Glasvegas are the same for Euphoric Heartbreak, and Guano Apes edit Bel Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment